Sunday, June 22, 2014

COSI FAN TUTTE

Despina (on men): "They all have the same equipment"--Cosi Fan Tutte

Today I saw the Met production of Mozart's Cosi Fan Tutte at the Yonge & Eglinton.  That opera gets better and better as you become more familiar with the music!  Despina was a real live wire.  It was a well-directed show.

Thursday night I went on Betty-Anne's art walk.  This time she went on Dundas Street around Dufferin.  She's always pleased to hear about the latest book I'm reading.

I'm at another bottleneck in the Facebook game Tribez.  Last time it was completing the quest to allow coral production on the Ancestor's Atoll.  Now I'm stuck on the quest to allow the building of a foundry to produce bronze on Merlod Island.  I need to get five ore samples from marble pit production, but I seem to be stuck at one.  In the meantime, I'm producing a glut of marble.  Once I'm producing bronze, I'll also be able to build a factory to produce paint.

I've been translating the Carl Sandburg poem "Chicago" into Scots, French, Chinese and Japanese.  Next I'll be doing Walt Whitman's "I Hear America Singing." I've been thinking of also doing Sandburg's "Yarns" and Whitman's "There Was a Child Went Forth."

In this warm weather, I like napping in the afternoon with the windows open, the noise from the street vaguely audible.

The other night I dreamed of moving to Vancouver.  I think I've had that dream before.

No comments: