Tuesday, September 09, 2014

More leaflets

Wednesday I met Tsering Dolma, who's in charge of volunteers in the Olivia Chow campaign. (She was impressed that I recognized her name as Tibetan.) She talked me into doing some more leaflet drops in the area northeast of Eglinton West station.

Thursday I did Briar Hill Avenue and Old Park Road north of Elm Ridge Circle. (I miscalculated the time and was late getting home for dinner.) There's construction around Eglinton West station, in preparation for the LRT line, so I've had to take a circuitous route to the area and back.  The area has a suburban feel:  some streets lack sidewalks!

Friday I did Old Forest Hill Road and Ridge Hill Drive between Allen Road and Hilltop Road.  Sunday I did Old Park Road south to Eglinton, and Shallmar Boulevard east to Bathurst.

Wednesday afternoon at the Chinese art class we created peonies.  For the first time I painted in colours!

Since the film festival is honouring Bill Murray, Saturday night we saw him in Richard Donner's Scrooged on Netflix:  predictably uneven, but Murray had some funny moments.  Tonight I saw John Landis' Trading Places (for the second time), also on Netflix.  Some funny lines, but a pretty sloppy production.

Sunday night I saw Carl Schulz' Australian classic Careful, He Might Hear You (for the second time), which I'd found at 2Q Video.

No comments: