Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Internet trouble

Saturday at the acting class we did the "hot seat" for a couple of people who missed it the first time around, where you sit in the hot seat and the others imagine what characters we could see you playing. (As usual, I took the notes.)

The Chinese art class has been moved to Sunday afternoons, so I'll have to miss the next two.  This Sunday we were painting orchid bushes with rocks in the background.  I was pretty good with the rocks but couldn't get the orchid shape right.  Qingxin gave me a couple of brushes, but I left them behind!  Afterward I visited Giuseppe.

Sunday I night I went out and bought my tickets to the Met opera broadcasts at the Yonge & Eglinton.  I'll have to skip choir practice and see The Merry Widow on a Monday night, but the others all had seats on Saturday.  I also went to Walmart and bought a black turtleneck to replace my threadbare red one.  I realized it was the same look as Steve McQueen in Bullitt, except that it needs a shoulder holster too. (And I'd have to drive a Mustang.)

I'd have posted this a day or two ago, but our internet connection's been acting up.  I could receive email and open Facebook, but with other webpages I'd get a message saying that the server had unexpectedly dropped the connection, or asking us to reconfigure our modem.  This was frustrating because I had to cancel going to a Puzzle Meetup because it was conflicting with opera rehearsal, and I hate doing that at the last minute. (I went to the library today, went online there and cancelled.)

We invited Donald the computer expert over for dinner so he could solve the problem, but it turned out we don't need him.  I looked at our Sympatico passwords and stuff and got the modem configured.  Oh well, he doesn't come over too often.

Yesterday I went to a fruit and vegetable store near Bathurst station and bought a whole lot of different hard autumn apples, as well as the last peaches.  Moira likes those types, and so do I.

No comments: