Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Leaflets

This Labor Day Weekend the Olivia Chow campaign had a big leafletting drive.  I left leaflets in mailboxes or doorways in the area between Vaughan Road and the Cedarvale Ravine. (Some fancy new houses there.) 

All this took a couple of days:  Saturday afternoon I did Winona Drive, in the evening Winnett Avenue; Sunday afternoon Arlington Avenue, in the evening Rushton Road and Humewood Drive; this afternoon I finished the area along Pinewood Avenue and Connaught Circle. (I didn't quite manage to finish it on Sunday as I'd hoped.)

My feet got pretty sore, like when I was in London two years ago.  I couldn't help thinking about the leafletting I've done in past St. Pauls NDP campaigns and how I seemed to have more energy then.  When I told Father that I wasn't getting any younger, he said, "It happens to the best of us!" Coincidentally, Moira was also talking about her sore feet.

I met a few people along the way and offered most of them leaflets.  Some said they were voting for my candidate, but one said, "God, no!" And I got into a conversation with a Ford supporter at one point.  When he asked what my job was and I revealed that I'm unemployed, he said that I should ask Olivia Chow for a job.

The muggy weather didn't make it any easier.  I sweated a lot, and went through two shirts on Saturday and again on Sunday.  I've also been taking two baths a day the last couple of days.

Running short again...

No comments: