Sunday, October 26, 2014

Scrabble Meetup

Last night I went to a new Scrabble Meetup at Grace's house.  I picked up a "Z" tile near the end of my first game--uh-oh Spaghetti O's!--but I managed to place it on a double score and won!  For my second game we didn't keep score, and I'm just as happy doing things that way.

We also had a potluck dinner. (I brought a cinnamon ring.) Someone brought fettuccine with pesto sauce, and that was my favourite.  I hope we have more of these events!

Yesterday I also had a good day at the acting class.  I figured out how to avoid repetition in the singing exercise, by moving my arms around in a lot of different ways.  We did a lot of improvisation, and I came up with some very original stuff. (I was telling my girlfriend that I planned to blow up the Washington Monument and leave a big insurance policy in her name.)

At the Chinese art class today we did plum blossoms and grapes.  With the grape leaves I took on the new challenge of filling the outline with a green color that was pale enough not to dominate.

On Friday I went to Scotiabank and made an appointment for next week to discuss putting my money in a Henson trust. (Father will come too.) I also went to Target and bought another shirt, this time red on white.

No comments: