Thursday, October 01, 2015

TRUE DETECTIVE

"Hey, are you sure you want to do this?" "Not exactly..."--True Detective

I've just been watching the HBO series True Detective, which Moira got from the library.  I don't usually care for these procedural mysteries, and the plot here is even more complicated than usual, but this one is remarkably well made.  Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are at their best, and the direction is atmospheric and creepy. (Remind me not to move to Louisiana.)

Saturday night I went to the Karaoke Meetup at BarPlus.  There were about fifteen people in our group, so I only stayed for two songs.

Monday afternoon I went to John Snow's book club to talk about Dostoevsky's The Devils.  I hadn't read it, of course. (Not only didn't I have the time, I couldn't find the book!) John couldn't make it, unfortunately, but we had a pretty good discussion anyway.

Tuesday night at opera rehearsal the men and women rehearsed separately.  There were only half a dozen boys, including a solitary tenor.  The Elixir of Love music is coming back to me really fast:  I did it at the opera ten years and also at the choir some years back.

That night John and his family came and we had Indian food, except that I had to leave early because of the opera.  I asked Kathrine for her child recipe and she's promised to show it to me. (I want to make it with meat!)

The cool weather is here.  I should get out another duvet for my bed.

No comments: