Sunday, November 22, 2015

Cold weather!

Thursday night I went on Betty Anne's art walk.  Our first stop was the store Elephant in the Attic, which sells a lot of miniature art prints.  I noticed some illustrations from the Random House edition of Alice in Wonderland which we had when I was young.  There's only one John Tenneil, but these had some evocative colours.

Then I went to the Revue and saw the Rue Morgue presentation of the British Vincent Price thriller Scream and Scream Again. (Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing also appear in it!) The plot was about a psycho-killer who was actually a cyborg or something.  It was introduced by his daughter Victoria, who gave an interesting talk about his singular joie de vivre.

I've been looking at songs Gary's group might sing.  There's "Day-O," "This Land Is Your Land," "Comedy Tonight," "Let It Be," "Hey Jude," "I's the B'y That Builds the Boat."

Well, the cold weather's arrived.  Time to start wearing my long johns again.  Today there were a few snow flurries!  I've started wearing my Russian-style furry hat. (Last week I dreamed of visiting Russia:  not of being there, but planning the journey.  And I've never been interested in going there before.  It must be from seeing the Russian dancers in Patton.)

Tonight I went to the Politics Meetup.  We'd planned to talk about the impending American election, but the topic was changed to terrorism because of the Paris attack.  I should learn to speak up more because the others tend to dominate the conversation too much.

Just saw an episode of Spitting Image with a fall-down hilarious sketch:  the cheesiest Wind in the Willows puppet show you can imagine, with visible hands and everything.  Some people have suggested reviving the show, but it was of its time:  people were angrier back then.  Today's viewers seem older and more indifferent.  Aside from the royals, one of the only characters still around is Robert Mugabe! (No doubt there'd be more sketches set in heaven.)

No comments: