Saturday, June 11, 2016

A chip off the old tooth

Barbra Streisand: "Don't you know who I am?" Officer Bar Brady: "Well, if you aren't Fiona Apple I don't give a rat's ass!"--South Park

Wednesday night I chipped a back tooth.  It happened when I was flossing. (Maybe it happened because I was using waxed dental floss for the first time in quite a while.) Yesterday morning I went to my dentist and Dr. Hrabalova gave me a filling to replace it.

Wednesday night I went to the Politics Meetup at the Fox and Firkin near Eglinton Station.  It was interesting enough, but the place was so noisy that it was hard to follow conversations!  Thursday night I went on the Art Walk, back on Queen Street for the first time in months.  Friday night I went to the Scottish Meetup, which was at the Piper's, just a short distance from my house!

I've been binge-watching South Park on Crave TV.  It's no big revelation that the show is highly uneven.  Funny about suspension of disbelief:  I can accept that Stan's goldfish keeps sneaking out of his bowl and going around killing people, but I can't accept it when he brings the bodies back to Stan's room!

Since we still have Netflix till the end of the month, I started watching Aquarius, a series with David Duchovny as a square 1967 LAPD detective whose investigations involve Charles Manson.  It's pretty scary, of course:  I don't know how many more episodes I'll see.

I'm really appalled about the DNC's systematic vote suppression in the Democratic primaries! (Just because The New York Times doesn't report something doesn't mean it isn't happening.) They're asking Bernie Sanders to run as an independent.  If I were American, I'd vote for him!  The Clintonites are acting like "sore winners."

1 comment:

Tom jones said...

Thank you I am glad about the encouragement! I love your site, you post outstanding. http://emergencydentistnearme.pro/