Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Crave TV

(to Brigham Young) "Did those golden tablets teach you to lie like that, or were you born a sonuvabitch?"--Hell on Wheels

Saturday I planted the rest of the potatoes and the peas, sunflowers, beans, carrots and onions. (I did all this just before a big downpour that night.) All that's left is some head crops like cabbage and broccoli.

After Monday night's choir rehearsal I saw a big rainbow in a full arc from left to right, with a dim second arc!

We've finished Bloodline and Hell on Wheels so I ended our Netflix subscription.  But we'll continue to receive it until July 6.  If we'd cancelled it a day earlier we'd have saved an extra month's payment, but them's the breaks!

We're going to subscribe to Crave TV for a while.  They have a lot of interesting shows, including the Clair Danes series My So-Called Life from the early '90s.  They even have Twin Peaks!  I've already started watching South Park again. (It's a guilty pleasure, a subject I was just writing about in my memoir group.)

Tonight the choir and the Columbus Centre band did a concert together, including the big "La Grande Guerra" medley. (Those are pretty good songs:  I'd like to learn more about them!)

I'm depressed about Hillary Clinton winning the California primary.  Be afraid of November, Democrats, be very afraid.  If Bernie Sanders decides to run as an independent he'll get no objection from me.  At the very least, he'll quickly overtake Mrs. C in the polls, then she'll be the spoiler! (Will the "pragmatists" practice what they preach and get behind Sanders to defeat the Republicans?  Or will it be "Hillary or bust"?)

No comments: