Saturday, January 21, 2017

I'm a welfare queen!

Or I will be soon.  When we talked to Dr. Hassan last week, he said that I should start by applying for welfare so that they'll send me an ODSP kit. Yesterday I went to an Ontario Works office near Sheppard station, and they sent me on to a Social Services office near Metro Hall.  

Today I went to that office, but they told me you have to apply by phone or online, so that's the next step.  Moira hates the idea of applying online, but applying by phone means staying on hold for about 40 minutes, so I'll be weighing both options.

We're finished with the second season of The Sopranos. (I doubt that the others would be interested in the last few episodes.) Next we'll be looking at the third season, which introduces Ralph the twisted gangster.  I like Joe Pantaliano in the role, but I don't know how the others will feel.  The episode involving the ill-fated stripper is considered a classic, but I don't think they'll want to see it; I know I don't want to see it again.  And there's the depressing storyline about Jackie Aprile Jr., a young guy Tony wants to keep out of trouble, but if he succeeded there wouldn't be any point. (I mentioned the other week that I don't like that kind of plot.) But I'm sure we'll see that last episode where Tony tries to put his son into military school:  some of my favorite episodes involve A.J.!

The Donald got inaugurated today.  I'm pretty frustrated that so many Democrats are still in denial about their unfair primary.  I posted online, "If the primary had been an election for president of the Teamsters union, the government would have made them do it over." If the DNC elite isn't held answerable for their shenanigans, they can be expected to stack the next primary for another "insider" candidate, as they clearly care more about controlling the party than winning elections. When the Democrats screwed Bernie Sanders in the primaries, they screwed themselves in November, and they screwed America for the next four years!

No comments: