Saturday, January 14, 2017

Season finale

Livia Soprano (to her grandson): "You die in your own arms!"

Yesterday I took Moira to see my shrink Dr. Hassan. (She'd never met him before.) We discussed my application for ODSP, but the subject's too boring for me to give any details here.

Last night I was going to go to an Introvert Meetup but I ended up cancelling at the last minute because John and Kathrine were bringing over dinner (burritos). I don't feel good about making those last-minute cancellations.

Tonight we saw the season finale of the first season of The Sopranos.  John Heard had a good role as a corrupt NYPD detective!  Moira's favorite character was Livia. (An Ellen Willis article on the show in The Nation titled "Our Mobsters, Our Selves" referred to Livia as one of "the damned.")

We're going to pick and choose with the second season, since there are parts that I'm sure Moira and Father wouldn't like. (I didn't like those parts so much myself.) We'll see the first couple of episodes, then in the third see the part where Meadow and her friends trash Livia's old house but fast-forward through the part with sociopath Richie Aprile.  Then we'll skip the fourth episode where Tony visits Naples and the sixth episode where he lets the guy enter the big poker game and accrue a big debt, leading to him and his business being squeezed to the last penny.  But we'll see the fifth episode where Christopher takes an acting class, and the seventh where A.J. is into Nietzsche (which he pronounces "Nich"!). In the ninth episode we'll see the part where Christopher describes a nightmarish "out of body" experience, but skip the part with the mob execution.  And we can skip the rest.  Lucky that I've seen it before!

No comments: