Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Hot weekend

"Since, after all, there was nothing in my conduct, taken as a whole, that could totally dishonour me, at least when compared with that prevailing in certain circles of young men, and since a mistress is on considered shameful in the century in which we live, any more than using a little art in persuading fortune to favour one at cards, I described to my father the life I had been leading frankly and in detail"--Manon Lescaut

This weekend was a scorcher. You wouldn't know that it's autumn already!

Saturday I went to a potluck lunch with the Aspergers Meetup group.  I brought fruit salad; someone brought cookies made from corn flakes!  Evie hosted it, and had some discussion questions like "If you were on a desert island with just enough for survival, how would you make your life meaningful?" I'd watch the night skies and get to know the stars.

Afterward I went on Betty Anne's art walk.  We started in Trinity-Bellwoods Park, where they were having an arts festival. (The music was a bit too distracting for me, unfortunately.) Betty-Anne pointed out a Filipino ice cream shop where they have charcoal-black waffle cones and very exotic flavors.

On Twitter people are talking about the controversy over the football players kneeling for the national anthem.  Why shouldn't you kneel?  To me it seems every bit as "respectful" as standing!

As a Canadian, I'm ashamed that our government won't let Chelsea Manning into the country.

No comments: