Thursday, September 28, 2017

THE ATTRACTIONS OF MAY

"I liked making love with the lights on.  He liked making love with someone else"--The Attractions of May

Tuesday night I finally made it to opera rehearsal.  We've been learning "Oh, Welche Lust!" the number where the prisoners are let out into the sunshine. (Raquel Welch played Lillian Lust in Bedazzled--see how easy to remember German words are?)

Yesterday afternoon I went to the Play Read-Through Meetup, which started at Yorkville Library but ended in the Reference Library.  We read Norm Foster's The Attractions of May, and I played Hank.  It's really funny!

Finished Manon Lescaut.  I was reading that Abbe Prevost had a lot of real-life experiences like Des Grieux, including an extravagant, enigmatic lover much like Manon!

Last night I was going to go to the Introvert Meetup at the Snakes and Lattes board game hangout, but once again I completely forgot it! (Don't like being one of those Meetup no-shows...)

No comments: