Saturday, September 09, 2017

Organizers Meetup

"I wonder if anything gives a mother more delight than the contemplation of her infant's shoe, especially if it be a holiday, a Sunday, or a baptismal shoe, a shoe embroidered to its very sole--a shoe worn before the child has taken its first step.  That shoe so cute and tiny covered a foot to young to walk; it is the shoe that recalls her baby so poignantly that it seems as if the child were present"--The Hunchback of Notre Dame

"What place are you bound for?" "Same place as you, Jeremiah--hell, in the end"--Jeremiah Johnson

Wednesday night I went to an Organizers Meetup at Spring Rolls near Yonge & Bloor.  I met quite a few people I knew, including the Russian Margo (not the Polish Margo).  Some people speaking for Meetup were talking about the site's new look and looking for feedback from us. But I really can't judge such changes until I've actually been working with them.

Thursday night was the History Meetup.  The subject was the Renaissance and we discussed Machiavelli's The Prince.

Yesterday I saw the 1972 Sydney Pollack-Robert Redford western Jeremiah Johson with Dawna. Anne came too, but she left early because she couldn't face its turning violent.  It's one of the cooler westerns, though the last half hour is weak.

Today I went to Dutch Dreams for ice cream with a Meetup group.  The weather's been changing, and I've had a severe headache.  This evening we watched an architectural show on Netflix about ten outstanding bridge designs. (The series also does museums and city squares and such.)

No comments: