Thursday, May 24, 2018

Campaign work

The last couple of days I've been doing a lot of stapling at the Jill Andrew campaign. (We're adding to the flyers a notice that the candidate will be visiting the poll district on a "fill in the blank" date.)

The polls show that the NDP are the strongest rivals to the Tories, so it's tempting to say "If you vote Liberal, you're letting Doug Ford win," as they used to say about voting NDP.  But I don't want to be a hypocrite.  Vote Liberal if you believe in them, just don't pretend it's the "pragmatic" choice.

Which brings me to how I finished the history of Portugal yesterday. (Shame that it omitted the rape of former Portuguese colony East Timor!) I was reading about the mid-'70s period after the Carnation Revolution, when the "official difference" was between the radical reformists and the moderate ones--that's what we need here!

Monday I planted the potatoes.  I planted the other stuff yesterday, and watered the garden for the first time.  I put the onions among the head crops, to be different.

In the Vikings game, I cleared a bottleneck by building the Level 9 palace, which allowed higher levels for the other resource production buildings. First I had to raise enough wood and stone.  So far, I'm not much interested in conquering other places or joining a clan; I just want a strong enough defence to deter raiders.

No comments: