Monday, May 07, 2018

Miscellany

"He had that sense, or inward prophecy--which a young man had better never have been born than not to have, and a mature man had better die at once than utterly to relinquish--that we are not doomed to creep on forever in the old bad way, but that, this very now, there are harbingers abroad of a golden era, to be accomplished in his own lifetime"--The House of the Seven Gables

Thursday I joined Miriam to participate in the First Thursdays gathering at the Art Gallery of Ontario.  They had food, but I was full from the fettucine alfredo I'd cooked myself.  The music was loud for my tastes.

Friday I baked bread for the first time in over six months! (It was multigrain.)

Saturday morning I went to Grace-on-the-Hill church to help Anne sell fabrics, but it turned out to be an attic sale rather than a fabric sale. (So it didn't matter that I was late...) She had her son in tow, whom I met for the first time, along with her daughter.  I was going to help her with a sale at Timothy Eaton church, but it ended an hour earlier than she thought.  I lent them my graphic history of the Klondike.

Saturday night I went to the Singing Meetup, where we sang Blondie's "The Tide Is High." (That was a hit when I was a teenager!)

In that Empire game, my forts got attacked three times in about a day!  I'm short of soldiers and coins just now.

My post of dance clips last week got over a thousand viewers.  If I decided to specialize in stuff like that, I might get way bigger viewer numbers.  But specialization doesn't interest me!

1 comment:

John said...

Who is Miriam, and who are the other people you mention? Are we supposed to know? The only one you identify is your sister. This week I heard from Bill and from Graham and Jennifer, but not from David nor Karen; and it has been a long time since I heard from Dalton or Jonathan.