Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Maytime

"Instead of discussing her claim to rank among ladies, it would be preferable to regard Phoebe as the example of feminine grace and availability combined, in a state of society, if there were any such, where ladies did not exist"--The House of the Seven Gables

Yesterday I put on my summer jacket for the first time!  Today was even warmer.  Time to start work on the garden.

Moira liked Mary Pickford's dance scene!

Today we went to the bank and arranged for me to send $400 into Father's account every month to pay bills like utilities.  It's easier than I expected--I thought I'd be handling those bills myself!

Tonight was the History Meetup, back at the Robarts Library food court again.  We talked about Iran.  That Iran book I was reading described the revelation of sending Iran missiles as "an unmitigated disaster for the Reagan administration," but there was one big mitigation:  nobody was punished, which guaranteed that future administrations would see fit to do the same. (Reagan's temporary 
embarrassment was supposed to be sufficient punishment, you see...)

Afterward someone who couldn't find the group posted "What a pity the organizer is so disorganized," and I replied "If you want to organize this Meetup I won't stand in your way."

1 comment:

John said...

That is a flippant answer to David`s comment.