Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Computer phone

"The nights being short and the delight great and it being now, though they thought it not, near day, they fell asleep without any covering, so overheated were they what with the weather and what with their sport, Caterina having her right arm entwined about Ricciardo's neck and holding him with the left hand by that thing which you ladies think most shame to name among men"--Decameron

This evening Anne told me how to set up a phone through my computer so I won't have to use the family cellphone!

Friday afternoon I saw the documentary Maria Callas at the Bloor.  It's a documentary about opera diva Maria Callas centered on her own quotes.

Tonight I saw 54, another Bloor documentary, this time about Studio 54, the disco that became the center of the New York "scene" for a couple of years in the late '70s before being undone by drug busts, tax evasion prosecutions and general hubris.

I've got to the sixth day of the Decameron, with stories about people saving their own skin through clever replies.

No comments: