Monday, March 11, 2019

No more long johns

"'Did the idea ever occur to you,' Cranly asked, 'that Jesus was not what he pretended to be?'... 'The first person to whom that idea occurred,' Stephen answered, 'was Jesus himself"--A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Finished A Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man, including the endnotes.  Now I've started reading Lynn Foster's A Brief History of Mexico for my History Meetup. (Mesoamericans imagined zero long before the Old World did!)

I was way early for the singing group last week, and today I was on time.  We sang "Mairi's Wedding," "You Raise Me Up," "Dream a Little Dream" and "Walkin' My Baby Back Home."

On the way back I was talking to Elizabeth in the group. She's an actress who's learning lines for a revival of the Mae West play Sex!  She told me about some Ryerson community courses for people over fifty, and I'll have to check that out.  When I mentioned that I'd taken some acting lessons, she asked if I was going to return to it and I said, "Never say never!"

I've started reading my Classics Illustrated comics collection again.  This weekend I read The Call of the Wild and Daniel Boone.

It got warmer this weekend, and I've stopped wearing long johns. (There may be some more cold weather, but I don't care.) I need to get new ones anyway.

No comments: