Saturday, March 16, 2019

FAREWELL, MY LOVELY

"That car will stick out like spats at an Iowa picnic"--Farewell, My Lovely

Monday night I saw a Raymond Chandler double bill presented by the Toronto Film Society at Innes Hall.  The first was The Brasher Doubloon, with a rather lightweight George Montgomery. The second was Farewell, My Lovely, with a suitably world-weary Robert Mitchum, which I saw for the second time.

Today I helped Anne sort and arrange the pins Miriam will be selling at a craft fair Sunday.  She has a stock of T-shirts and pins with pictures of literary figures like Alan Ginsburg and Dylan Thomas and Sylvia Plath.  They let me keep one pin that said, "Poetry:  The thing that got you detention"!

I've just been learning Korean words for food on Duolingo. (Quite a few of them are close to their English translations, like hamburger and pizza.)

I've started watching Dragon Ball Z online.  I'm also watching the fourth season of Sailor Moon, which features a winged horse!  I guess I'll start the next season of One Piece too.

No comments: