Thursday, April 25, 2019

Chocolate time

On Tuesday I bought a lot of post-Easter chocolate.  One item was a big chocolate egg that contained a miniature Stanley Cup with a Chicago Black Hawks banner (some assembly required).  Another egg contained a mini-yoyo and jigsaw puzzle of the kiddie show Paw Patrol, except that the jigsaw puzzle pieces were so thin they wouldn't stay together!

I'm in the last part of the Viking book.  But I haven't even started Hillbilly Elegy!  I guess I'll have to return it and try it another time.

I've finished doing the first round of all the Korean quizzes on Duolingo! (The last two were about last year's Pyeongchang Winter Olympics and K-pop music.) Now I'm going to Palmerston library to borrow some Korean children's books...

Comics Kingdom, the website where I read King Features comic strips, has gone through a big redesign, which has been a bit of a headache.  While the day's new strips have traditionally come at midnight, I sometimes have to wait till the morning to read the latest classic strips.

Quora has some odd questions.  Someone asked, "How should I explain to someone that they can't lie to me?" and someone else asked, "What don't most liberals realize?" And under language, people want to know the reason for irregularities like the British ending words with -our and the Americans ending them with -or.  Honestly, I have no idea!

Hongmin says that my first Korean letter had just a few "tiny-winy" mistakes!  She was late getting back to me because she had a big exam and ended up sleeping all day afterward. (She got a high grade.)

No comments: