Friday, April 05, 2019

History Meetup

On his daughter's last days: "St. Clare found a strange calm coming over him.  It was not hope--that was impossible; it was not resignation; it was only a calm resting in the present, which seemed so beautiful that he wished to think of no future.  It was like that hush of spirit which we feel amid the bright, mild woods of autumn, when the bright hectic flush is on the trees, and the last lingering flowers by the brook; and we joy in it all the more, because we know that soon it will all pass away"--Uncle Tom's Cabin

Yesterday I had lunch with Pam at the Schnitzel Hub.

Last night I went to the History Meetup.  The subject was Mexico.

Something I ate at the Schnitzel Hub disagreed with me. (The goulash soup?) I got through the Meetup, but after I got home I was sick.  That's why I'm writing this post now instead of a day ago.

My Korean is progressing on Duolingo.  The other day I was learning colours in Korean!

I haven't been following this business of Trudeau Jr. vs. the First Nations woman he kicked out of the cabinet at all.  I guess I'm growing older.

No comments: