Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Another persistent cold

I've had this cold for about a week.  When I get a cold, I have a sore throat first, then nasal congestion, then finally a headache.  I'm still in the headache stage.

The last few nights I've been going to bed around 7:00, then waking up at 10:00 or 11:00, then staying up to well past midnight.  Then I sleep till about noon.

This isn't a good day for blog-writing.  I have a few subjects to write about, but I just can't work up the concentration.  I can barely even watch videos.

Just now I feel like Linus in that PEANUTS episode where he started writing a school composition about what he did on his summer vacation: "I played ball, and I went to camp." Then he said, "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight... Four hundred and ninety-two words to go!"

The effort of making these posts long enough always makes me think back to when I was fifteen taking high school courses by correspondence.  The one who marked my history lessons was always making me do them over because I was too brief.  The reason that I was too brief was because they never told me how long I was supposed to be. (They only decided after I'd written it.) Frankly, "Do over in more detail" is something any idiot could say.  That period of correspondence courses is not something I look back at nostalgically.

No comments: