Monday, December 10, 2012

Jigsaw puzzles

I've had a cold for the last few days. (I had to miss Coro Verdi's Sunday concert at Villa Colombo Sunday, but we're doing it again next week.) I've been killing time on the computer, so I've been looking for new games to play on Facebook.

As for my current games, I've lost interest in Farmville 2.  Raising crops can only occupy me for so long.  I started Cityville 2, but lost interest in that too.  I've recently got into Evony and Stormfall, strategy-building games similar to Kingdoms of Camelot and Glory of Rome.  And I'm still faithful to Hot Shot.

I found a new Facebook game that allows me to play online jigsaw puzzles.  Some expert said that Aspies don't like jigsaw puzzles, but I enjoy them somewhat. But I wish I could do them so that they didn't show me what the complete picture was beforehand, so it would be a complete surprise.

This got me to thinking about the jigsaw puzzles we had when I was young.  We had a couple of maps of Canada in jigsaw form.  I also recall one of a canoer waking up in the morning and seeing a huge moose leaning over him, a rather disquieting image.  And we had a huge British puzzle, whose shape was round rather than rectangular, showing half a dozen old English inns. (We must have got it when living in Brighton in the mid-'60s.)

No comments: