Sunday, November 23, 2014

Fundraiser

I've started watching the second season of THE WIRE, with Moira who's seen it before.  She prefers to watch it in the afternoon this time, which is convenient for me.  The second season is about union shenanigans.

Thursday I had a dental checkup.  My dentist was telling me that when she was a teenager she was in a theatre group.  She gave me a new mini-toothbrush that's useful for brushing between teeth. (She finally has her name on the clinic door!)

Last night was the opera fundraiser.  This year it was at the Blythwood Baptist Church, where we did the Christmas concert last year.  The concert was in the back room, and the chorus waited in the pews while the soloists performed.

I left the binder in my music there last December, and it was still there! (I'd always thought I left it on the subway.) It also had some memoir pieces that I hadn't blogged.  I wish I could tell Mother about this!

I'd baked gingerbread for the fundraiser Wednesday.  Afterward I got a big collection of leftovers as in earlier years.  Much of it I'll be bringing to an Aspie Meetup tomorrow.


No comments: