Thursday, November 13, 2014

Vivid dreams

I've been having some vivid dreams lately.  (A few days ago I ran out of Cipralex and missed some doses, which seems to make my dreams more lively.)

The other week I dreamed of visiting New Zealand.  It was a dream I'd had before, and the place I was visiting seemed so familiar that I wasn't sure I hadn't been there in real life! (I hadn't.) And the other night I again dreamed of visiting my hometown of Sackville.  In this dream the tallest elm on York Street had been reduced to a stump.  I'd been thinking of making an elm tree in one of my future paintings, which may have had something to do with this.  And in this dream, as in some earlier ones, the local cemetery was expanding and taking up nearby space where there had been houses.  Is there some connection here between my beginning and eventual end?

I'm getting the hang of that online game Forge of Empires.  My main focus is on keeping the research going to get to higher levels of civilization, which means producing or trading for the secondary goods that'll open each improvement.  The main bottleneck is producing supplies that'll power goods production, building and military expansion, though I now have fruit trees, goats and butchery.  Conquering adjacent territory has been a low priority lately, though I'll soon return to that when my armed forces are fully developed.  

No comments: