Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Home fries

"I heard that if the going gets rough, your best bet is the French embassy." "Who told you that?" "The British embassy"--The Killing Fields

Saturday afternoon I saw the Met production of Verdi's Macbeth. (Nancy's acting class had another mock audition that day because she knows that doesn't interest me.) When they interviewed Anna Netrebko during the intermission, she was cracking people up in the green room.  She looks like a live wire!

Yesterday was the Classic Book Club, where we discussed The Europeans.  We decided that our next book after Moby-Dick will be Dickens' Our Mutual Friend.  I was careless enough to order the omelette with home fries and it made me sick later that day.  I've made a new resolution to stick to French toast and waffles and such.

Last night I saw Roland Joffe's The Killing Fields (for the third time) with the Classic Movie Meetup at the Imperial Pub.  It's a powerful, important movie full of telling details.  Too bad I missed a couple of minutes because those home fries were making me sick.

The cold weather has arrived.  Today I started wearing my long johns again.  I looked around for the electric heater for my room, but couldn't find it.

I finally quit the Facebook game Sunshine Bay.  I'm not sure how long I'll keep playing Tribez now that Forge of Empires is my new passion.

No comments: