Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Lunch with Bev

Today I had lunch with Bev from my Aspergers Meetup group at the Thai restaurant Spring Rolls near Eglinton station. (I had the spicy chicken fried rice.  Later dinner was fried rice with shrimp, but I didn't mind the repetition.) We had a good time:  Bev said "We've found our..." but couldn't finish the sentence, so I suggested "...our groove," which she thought the right word.  She suggested we see that documentary about the guy who introduced yoga in America when it returns to the Bloor.

Sunday I finished Captains and the Kings.  I said to Father, "It's time for Perry King to be assassinated," a couple of seconds before he was. (I should be writing these things!) Now I'm watching another miniseries for what must be the fifth time:  Rich Man, Poor Man is my Christmas treat.  Because it's Christmas time, I've also started playing Candy Crush Saga and Pet Rescue Saga again.  I enjoy them enough that I'd be risking addiction if I played them at any other time!

I've entered the home stretch of Moby-Dick.  I just noticed that the plot doesn't really kick in until about four-fifths of the way through, when Ahab confronts Starbuck over whether to stop to fix the leaking barrels.  It's several books in one:  a few chapters even read as dialogue in a play!  I can well believe that the book's few contemporary readers couldn't make head or tail of it.

No comments: