Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas concert

Monday night was the choir's Christmas concert.  The audience was pretty big.  Then tonight we did a shorter concert at Blythwood Baptist church after joining them for Christmas dinner.  I was a few minutes from the church when I realized I'd forgotten to wear my black suit.  But Brian was also dressed casually and that made me feel better.

Sunday I visited Giuseppe again. (Part of the Bloor-Danforth line was being worked on so I took the College St. bus instead.) I showed him my art--he used to paint--and he said I have talent.

The other week I got a silver membership at the Bloor Cinema, so admission is now just $6 for me!  This afternoon I saw the documentary Hermitage Revealed, about the famous St. Petersburg art museum.  Wow!  I'll have to add that place to my bucket list.  When they made Kandinsky, they broke the mold.  And in a few weeks they'll have a documentary about London's National Gallery!

After the church concert I tried to get to the Bloor to see a documentary about the guy who introduced yoga to the west. (I don't usually see two movies on the same day, but this was its last screening for the time being.) But the subway was running slow on both lines and I clearly would have been late, so I just went home.

No comments: