Saturday, December 13, 2014

Vivid dreams

These days my dreams sometimes feel pretty real.  The odd thing is that they can feel so real that the inconsistencies that are a normal part of the dream world suddenly seem incomprehensible to me.  The other week in one dream I was so puzzled that I asked a stranger in the dream for help, saying, "I know longer know what's real!"

I often dream about walking up West Avenue to my Sackville home, but by the time I get there I sometimes remember that other people own the house now and I don't belong there!  In a recent dream I told someone, "I have a Ph.D., but we decided I should do Grade Five again"!

Just last night I had a dream where I was visiting the Victoria & Albert Museum of applied art in London with my friends Puitak and Gordon.  I also dreamed of Star Wars rebels being offered a political deal except they realized it was all a trick on Darth Vader's part. (Something to do with today's actual politics?)

Yesterday I went to Scotiabank and discussed segregated funds with Natalie. (There was some confusion about whether I'd been booked for an appointment with someone who wasn't there!) They don't do that on the branch level so I may go through I-trading or something like that.

Last night I went to Rose's Christmas get-together with the Non-Fiction Meetup people at Jack Astor's near the Reference Library where we usually meet.  I had a good time, telling an Iranian-Canadian called Nassy about what I'd been reading in the Classic Book Club and having an ice cream float (vanilla with cream soda) for the first time in years!

No comments: