Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Back to the memoir group

With my cold out of the way, this afternoon I finally returned to my memoir group after a month away. (I hardly ever miss a session normally.) One of the subjects was "High," and instead I wrote about trees, one of last week's subjects.

Yesterday afternoon I went to John Snow's book club where we discussed Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha.  Unfortunately, what with my cold I'd only got around to reading a fifth of the book, and on top of that I was over an hour late, because I'd forgotten about the Daylight Savings Time change. (D'OH!) They took it pretty well.  John told me that he missed my memoir blog posts.

Tonight I finished Waldemar Januszak's documentary series Rococo Before Bedtime.  The rococo movement was oddly contemporary with the Enlightenment of the 18th century!

We were going to see the last episode of the first season of Six Feet Under but accidentally skipped it and saw the first episode of the second season instead.  That Watteau portrait of the Pierrot reminds me of Buster Keaton!

No comments: