Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Reading out loud

Yesterday afternoon was the latest Reading Out Loud Meetup. There were ten people there! (Getting to the location was complicated by the St. Patrick's Day parade down Yonge Street.) Someone said I should warn people you have to enter the building at the door near Gould Street.

I read the last half-dozen pages of James Joyce's The Dead and translated my Portuguese picture book Mama's Heart.  I also sang not one but two a capella songs: Burns' "Ye Banks and Braes" and Yeats' "Down by the Sally Gardens." They seemed to like my singing.

Speaking of "The Dead," I realized that the Classic Book Club will be coming up before the History Meetup, so I stopped reading the Caravaggio biography and started reading Joyce's The Dubliners.

Donald came over for dinner and set up my new inkjet printer. (I might have done it myself, but didn't complain.) It prints at a high quality!

My credit card statement showed that Staples failed to refund the price of that last printer I returned when it malfunctioned.  This morning I went there and showed them the statement.  The manager's trying to solve the mystery now.

I've been playing this Facebook game Dakota Farm Adventure, but I think it's time to quit.  The interior decorations I need to open Aunt Sally's room cost more than my income can produce, and too much of the game depends on production there.

No comments: