Wednesday, March 15, 2017

St. Patrick's Day snowstorm

Back in New Brunswick we'd speak of the last big snowfall that would happen around this time as the St. Patrick's Day snowstorm. Toronto had one yesterday. Stayed in the house all day!

I've been watching Britain's Bloodiest Dynasty, another Acorn TV British documentary, this time about the Plantagenet House.  As the title suggests, it's on the unsubtle side. (I would have like to hear more about King John--I'm so picky!) One thing it mentioned was Henry II getting monks to whip him thousands of strokes to atone for his indirect role in Beckett's murder.

Last night I had a dream where I was walking along the coast of Cape Breton with my parents and saw a trail leading up to a promontory sacred to First Nations.  I tried to climb it, and Father gave me a leg up, but it was too steep for me.  I was also wondering if I should take flogging to atone for my responsibility for what we've done to the Indians!  I also saw tall urban buildings over the sea and decided it was an optical illusions. (I've seen that in several dreams.)

Tonight I was going to see A Streetcar Named Desire at a Classic Movie Meetup, but when I got to Queen's Quay I couldn't find the place! (They'd given a number to text message them, but I'm not a text messager.)

I finally succeeded at Level 629 of Candy Crush Saga, another particularly difficult one.

No comments: