Sunday, June 03, 2018

CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF

"When you are going to do a miracle for an ignorant race, you want to get in every detail that will count; you want to make all the properties impressive to the public eye; you want to make matters comfortable for your head guest; then you can turn yourself loose and play your effects for all they are worth.  I know the value of these things, for I know human nature.  You can't throw too much style into a miracle"--A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

To a doctor: "Don't you have a pill that'll make the pain go away?" "Sometimes I wish I had a pill that would make people go away!"--Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

I've had a busy weekend. 

Friday I went to the campaign HQ and did more bundling for a mailbox leaflet drop.  On the way back I stopped at Shopper's Drug Mart and not only refilled my Cipralex prescription but bought shampoo, toothpaste, dental floss, shaving cream and a new watch. (I'd had the old one for ten years, and the plastic cover was cracked!) Later I mowed the lawn, in what seemed just a short time since the previous mowing.

Yesterday I went to Krispy Kreme and bought a dozen assorted doughnuts for the first time.  (They're rather too sweet for my taste, but at least I tried something new.) Later at the campaign HQ I folded leaflets of the Toronto Star editorial calling on tactical voters to choose the NDP.  The important thing was to crease them so the worlds "Toronto Star editorial" appeared on the top fold.

Today I saw Richard Brooks' Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (for the third time) at the Event Screen.  Burl Ives is a great Big Daddy:  he really owned that role!  Afterward I went to the campaign HQ and stapled pairs of sheets together.

The other night I dreamed I was on a train going through Quebec, between Ontario and the Maritimes, but we all had to get off for a while at Riviere du Loup. (I haven't travelled Via Rail for over fifteen years!)

Notice that I've gone out of my usual order here!  I'd normally do a non-diary post before the next diary post, but now I've managed to do two diary posts in a row.  That's what happens when you have a busy weekend!

No comments: