Thursday, June 14, 2018

Reading material

Saturday night I went to Nicola's Singing Meetup again. (There were a dozen people there!) We sang "Let It Be." My favourite line in it is "Shine until tomorrow," though I thought it was "Shine on till tomorrow," which I actually prefer...

On the way there I stopped at the Beguiling and bought Chester Brown's lauded graphic novel Louis Riel. (It's a Drawn & Quarterly publication, like that Klondike book.) The first pages are pretty good!

Monday, after the memoir group, I went to the Gladstone library and borrowed The American Revolution:  A Very Short Introduction, which I'm reading for the History Meetup.  In addition, I'm reading Cartoon County a bit at a time.

Last night I went to the Bloor Cinema to see a documentary about Canadian design.  But it was a big premiere screening and already sold out!  Oh well, I'll see it later...

My email backlog is back to over a thousand messages!  I'm working my way through the links from medium.com, but it's going slowly because there are so many interesting articles there:  last night I read one about stoic philosophy, and it rather appeals to me.

I accumulated a huge pile of gold in the Vikings game, over a period, and yesterday I largely used it up to speed up the research process, so now I can train warriors pretty quickly.

No comments: