Saturday, September 15, 2018

One of those days


Today Moira asked me to print out an address slip from an email she sent to my computer from hers.  As I did so, I saw the "delete" trash-can icon and somehow thought it was the PRINT icon!  So she had to send a second email.

Later I went to my eye doctor to get my sight checked, and they told me that they'd already booked me an appointment next Friday. When I got home it turned out that my father, also called James Matthews, had booked that appointment!

Also I went to the bank to pay my Visa bill.  I owed $221.61, so in the place where you write how much you want to repay I wrote $221.41!  Not a consequential mistake, but slightly embarrassing.

I just finished the Zoisite episodes of Sailor Moon.  What a great moment when Tuxedo Mask got stabbed in the back through Zoisite's treachery, and Sailor Moon's tears caused all seven of the Rainbow Crystals they'd been fighting over--I call them the Seven McGuffins--to float to her and form the Silver Crystal on her wand, and she realized that SHE was the Moon Princess they'd been looking for!  

There was another great moment soon after when she said she didn't want to fight any more, but when Kunzite (Malachite in the dubbed version) attacked them and left all the other Sailor Senshi unconscious, she raised her wand and managed to force him away!  And Zoisite got a remarkably graceful dying scene, considering how nasty he'd been. (He was a she in the manga, and became a she again in the dubbed version.)

I've been watching other anime through the Anilinkz website. One is Dragon Ball, which came before the more famous Dragon Ball Z.  It's full of panties jokes and such--I can see why the dubbers went straight to the Z series--but I have to admit it's pretty funny, and has an original look. (Believe it or not, it's a reworking of the Chinese legend about the Monkey King going west to India with a pig and a monk for enlightening Buddhist scriptures!)

I've also been watching Tenchi Muyo, about a dorky teenage boy who ends up having these kick-ass alien women living with him. (It's called the "harem" genre...) Apparently they got the idea from I Dream of Jeannie!

No comments: