Sunday, September 02, 2018

Long weekend

Reading that manga of Sailor Moon got me interested in the TV series again.  I've found a webpage with the subtitled version and started watching that.  It even has the episodes the dubbed version skipped over, including one where Melvin the nerd gets possessed by the Negaverse and lifts his teacher's skirt!

I'll admit that the early episodes with Jadeite as the villain are pretty conventional.  The show picks up when they introduce Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars and Nephrite becomes the new villain.  The story takes an amazing turn when her friend Molly falls in love with Nephrite and takes Sailor Moon's tiara for him. The next episode has a compelling climax when Nephrite sacrifices his life to save Molly!

Wednesday night I went to an Organizers Meetup.  They moved the location to 1 University Avenue and it was a bit of a challenge getting there.

Yesterday I went to The Beguiling and bought Shigeru Mizuki's manga biography of Hitler!  If anyone can show Der Fuhrer in a new way, Mizuki's the one.

The latest thing I've been watching on Youtube is episodes of Ebert and Siskel choosing the worst movies for the respective year!

The other day I was visiting Miriam and she took me to see her new boutique on Dundas Street between Spadina and Bathurst.  She's still setting it up, but it'll be interesting to see when it's ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Riveting, nothing less. My own life pales by comparison.