Sunday, February 09, 2014

Gore Vidal

Last night I saw the documentary Gore Vidal:  United States of Amnesia at the Bloor.  He was very entertaining. (I remember seeing him on The Tonight Show talking about his book Lincoln almost thirty years ago.) Christopher Hitchens and Mikhail Gorbachev turned up too.  Lots of sharp quotes.

Yesterday I went out to buy a new pair of boots because my old ones were finished.  I had to wear Father's boots, to my shame.  I didn't want to shop at Walmart's lest I feel morally compromised, so I went to Zeller's but that place was closed so I had to go to Walmart after all.  I could only find one type of winter boot--I was in a bit of a hurry because of the delay--but it feels comfortable.  Today, however, Moira objected to my choice and ended up buying a new pair online.  But they won't arrive for a week or two and in the meanwhile I'll be wearing the ones I chose.

At today's acting class I played a lion pouncing on an invisible prey and eating my fill.  It was pretty good except that when I pounced I slid awkwardly.  It's taking me a while to get into those exercises of observing people and doing things with my left hand.

Tonight I watched another online PBS documentary aired on The American Experience, and this one was about the U.S.A. in the year 1964.

No comments: