Saturday, February 15, 2014

The CARMEN premiere

Last night was the dress rehearsal for Carmen, and tonight was the premiere.  I'm glad I'm in only half of "hell week" this year.  Monday is Family Day so choir practice will be cancelled:  just as well for Beatrice, who looks like she needs the break.

They got the new pants for my costume, and they fit fine.  The vest is too tight to button--I should have caught that when trying on the costume--and unbuttoned there's no point in wearing it, because the jacket covers it almost completely.  But it isn't an important part of my costume.

Elaine is in charge of makeup this year.  She sent us an email about makeup details, and I asked her to post them on the wall because when they did that last year it was a big help.  She's promised to do so.

At tonight's premiere the audience was pretty small, though supplemented by schoolkids. (We're competing with the Sochi Olympics, which doesn't bode well.) And they were pretty dead.

Yesterday I had a dental checkup.  Next week I'm getting a fitting for a night guard to wear in my mouth, because I've been grinding my teeth at night. (Moira already has one.)

Earlier this week I finally managed to brush my teeth with my left hand as an exercise for my acting class.  Today I managed to shave with my left hand!  (I only needed one bandage.) I'm still working on observing people out in public.

No comments: