Friday, February 21, 2014

THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI

"I don't know how to shoot." "It's easy.  You just pull the trigger"--The Lady From Shanghai

This morning I went to my dentist's office and fit my teeth for the mouth guard. (I bit down on something that felt like soft cheese.) Dr. Hrabalova is merging with another office and will soon be moving near Yonge & St. Clair.  She warned that prices may be higher.

This evening I went to see Orson Welles' The Lady From Shanghai at the Lightbox, for the second time. (It's part of a series a movies that Jean-Luc Godard considers influential.) I saw it with a Movie Meetup group.  For some reason they wouldn't let you bring popcorn into this screening, and I was going to buy a big bag too!  The movie's a crazy, witty film noir that I'm not sure I completely understood.

I did this post in my old diary format, devoting a paragraph to each subject.  In the future, I think I'd rather give each subject a whole post.  The drawback is that I won't be posting as often, but I hope to take this blog to a higher level as a result.

No comments: