Saturday, February 01, 2014

A new acting class

It's been really cold this week.  My energy is low, and I've been having trouble thinking of things to write about here.

I volunteered to help out Fair Vote Canada, and one of these Fridays a group of us will be going to our MP Caroline Bennett's office to give her a petition for her to present in the House of Commons!

Thursday night I joined the Non-Fiction Book Club to discuss A Concise History of Byzantium.  Afterward we went to Sassafraz, where I ordered a protein smoothie and a nougat parfait.

Today I started a new acting class taught by Nancy.  It's at the same place as the Acting Meetup I've been going to, but later on Saturday afternoon.  Also in it are Martha and Linda, whom I know from starting that mystery play. (I hope we get back to it this spring.   

We've been doing some Meisner exercises.  Today there was an exercise where you sing a song one syllable at a time, and I sang "When I'm Sixty-Four," looking at each of the others in turn with each syllable. (I think I managed to develop a rhythm.) We also took turns pretending to be an animal, and I was a lion lying in the sun and roaring/yawning while waiting for the lioness to bring dinner.

No comments: