Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Bustle in the streets

This is World Cup season and a lot of Toronto is noisy.  There's a restaurant around the corner from us with a lot of Colombian patrons, and things were really noisy after Colombia won a game Saturday night.

Saturday's acting class was going to be at Philty McNasty's, since the regular space is occupied by Fringe activity.  But the place was really noisy because people were watching the Brazil-Chile game, which went into overtime.  So after a long delay, we had the class out in a park north of Eglinton and a bit west from Yonge. (Chris kindly bought us bottles of water!) 

I performed my new monologue "The 26 Year Old Bar Mitzvah Boy" from Gabriel Davis' GOODBYE CHARLES.  I'd intended to print out a new document with bigger print, but every time I pasted the text the right side got cut off!  Now I'm going to type it out, adding some ellipses.

The other day I finally got enough ore samples in the Tribez game to build the foundry and open the bottleneck.  In Sunshine Bay I raised enough coin to upgrade the city hall, so my next goal will be financing a new bottling plant, which will allow more voyages at the upper end.

I meant to bake a multigrain loaf in the new machine, but I ran out of multigrain flour and filled it out with white flour.  Which resulted in mushrooming so great that the door on top got pushed open toward the end and the bread got underbaked!

I've been lazy lately.  I could have written this post a day or more ago, but I just didn't get around to it till now (well after midnight!).

No comments: