Monday, July 28, 2014

Last acting class

Yesterday afternoon was my last acting class for a while. (Nancy's spending next month on a work vacation on an Irish farm.) It took place at Philty McNasty's, which was having trouble with its air conditioning so things were hot and stuffy.  Among other things, Sharon and I did a dialogue as Ella the fairy and Rick Pulaski.  It was originally going to be a Meisner exchange, but we ended up doing things our own way.  Rick suggested that Ella should visit Nancy's farm in Ireland because people there still believed in her kind!

In the last hour Chris had a diabetic fainting spell!  Fortunately, Nancy's an experienced nurse and knew exactly what to do so he recovered and didn't need an ambulance.  I may not have been a hero so far in my life, but I got to see a hero closeup.  After this caused a long delay, I got to read my monologue "The 26-Year-Old Bar Mitzvah Boy" again.  I don't have it memorized yet but I seem to be improving.

This afternoon I saw the documentary Citizen Koch at the Bloor with the Sunday Afternoon Movie Meetup. (It's the documentary that PBS chickened out of showing because Koch is a big donor.) Scott Walker is a shameless hypocrite, the way he claimed that outside interests and big unions were financing the campaign to recall him while the big money was on his side!

At the event I got to meet a Malian girl called Sira.  She was impressed that I knew Mali's capital is Bamako, and have heard of Timbuktu and King Sundiata.  And she's interested in joining ROLT.

No comments: