Friday, December 22, 2017

Pre-Xmas dinner

"He was too powerful for the room:  he didn't go with the cretonne"--The End of the Affair

Monday was the last meeting of my memoir groups for three weeks.  For something different, we're going to try writing a piece or two at home over the break:  the topics will be "people I've admired" and/or "hide & seek."

Last night we had a lot of the family over for a pre-Christmas dinner of Indian food.  For dessert, we had a fresh pineapple. (Unlike most people, I like to eat the tough part in the middle!) I was showing my nieces a photo I found of Mother when she was young.

The second season of The Crown isn't as great as the first, but it's still pretty good.  My other sister is still on the first season and didn't want to hear any spoilers, though I would have thought people know the story already!

I'm now rereading Laura Ingalls Wilder's These Happy Golden Years, the last finished book in the Little House series, which tells of her teaching school and marrying Almanzo.  I'm going to read some more of Oscar Wilde's children's stories too!

No comments: