Monday, January 29, 2018

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS

Edward Scissorhands (on his "father"): "He never woke up."

Yesterday afternoon I saw Edward Scissorhands, the first of the Tim Burton-Johnny Depp collaborations, with Dawna. (I was seeing it for the first time--wasn't ready when it first came out.)

It's pretty imaginative:  Burton has a creepy, original sensibility, like a pastel David Lynch. (Vincent Price, in his last role, has a nice cameo as Edward's creator.) Alan Arkin, in one of his droll supporting roles, has a good scene singing Christmas carols!  I say that Kim should have confessed to her and Kevin's role in turning Edward into a burglar...

This afternoon was the latest Classic Book Club event, in which we discussed The End of the Affair.

I've started carrying my cell phone around again.  This time I'm going to make a habit of it!

I'll have to replace that brown coat of mine.  The zipper will no longer close!

No comments: