Thursday, January 11, 2018

Headache

"Have you never learned to read?" "Too busy getting an education!"--We of the Never Never

"What's the matter, Yuba?  Did your wife come back?"--M'liss

Tuesday I had a big headache and couldn't do much.  It must have been the warm weather.

Monday at the memoir group Gary was returning an electric keyboard so I played a few songs for them. (I wasn't very good at it.) On the way home I rented some DVDs from Bay Street Video.  

One was the Australian movie We of the Never Never, about an Edwardian wife on an Outback cattle station.  I saw it Tuesday night (for the second time).  It's quite good, with beautiful scenery.

I also rented two silent movies, Heart o' the Hills and M'liss, both with Mary Pickford in a hillbilly spitfire role. (I liked the competitive jig scene in Heart o' the Hills.) I also got Creed, with Sylvester Stallone reprising Rocky, but that was for Moira rather than me.


No comments: