Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sitcoms

Ensign Parker: "We've no reason to skipper, worry... To worry, Skipper... Well, maybe we do"--McHale's Navy

Today, for the first time I think, there were four people at Dawna's screening.  We watched the sitcoms I Dream of Jeannie and McHale's Navy.  Sourpuss Paul Lynde turned up on Jeannie as a movie director.  I looked at Dawna's Ebay videos and found over twenty I was interested in!

On Youtube I've started listening to a two-hour recording of classic instrumental singles.  I recognized hits like "Swingin' Safari" and "Wheels" whose titles I hadn't known.

We've started watching a Netflix documentary about Napoleon.  I wish they hadn't given the voiceover quotes French accents!  I've also been watching another documentary about the British royals.

The book I'm reading about the Middle Ages is full of little mistakes, like spelling Lotharingia as "Lotharginia."

Dreamed of test pilot Chuck Yeager (Sam Shepherd in THE RIGHT STUFF) in his teenage hot-rodding days!

No comments: