Saturday, March 08, 2014

Delays and moots

The weather has been getting milder, so the other day I stopped wearing long johns till next winter.  There may be another cold snap, but I don't really care.

Today I was going out to a Sanctuary church just east of Yonge and Charles, to try a new writing group Gary told me about at the memoir slam.  He's suggested a Meetup connection, and I'm thinking of making it another event with my second group, along with the Monday event.  But I'll have to go there at least once so I can describe it. (I'm not yet sure how it works.) I tried to go there last week, but I couldn't find the place.

This time I did some research online, and found the address.  But I got there late, and it turned out that the event was cancelled because too few people showed up. (I was late last week too, but since I couldn't find the place the timing was moot anyway.) I'll just have to go next week.

Another delay is with the Fair Vote group that's going to present a petition to MP Caroline Bennett.  We were originally going to meet her earlier, but the meeting was delayed to this Friday and I was afraid I'd have to leave the writing group early for that appointment.  But then the meeting got delayed again, this time to April, so that concern was moot too.  And since I didn't get to the other event either, it was a double moot! (Is "moot" a noun?  If not, I'm reinventing the English language!  You saw it here first, folks.)

No comments: