Monday, March 31, 2014

How I ruined my day

Today was the first warm spring weather here, and I brought out  my spring jacket. (The day before I started wearing my non-winter shoes.) I went to Wychwood library on my way to the memoir slam and picked up the new copy of The Innocents Abroad.  At the memoir slam we wrote about December and "Any last requests?" And on the way home I left the book either on the streetcar or the subway.

Tomorrow I'll be going to the TTC Lost & Found office to see about the book.  What's frustrating is that I'll have to wait a bit longer before resuming reading it. (At least it's bound to get to either me or its original library branch.) Maybe I can buy a copy.

This reminds me of how Mother left her purse in a restaurant a few times, to her great embarrassment.  Am I turning into her? (Someone said that some people respond to their mother's death by becoming more like her.) Did I say all this last December when I lost my binder?  I wish she were around so I could tell her the comparison.

The warm weather made it a good time for the choir's spring concert.  Father wasn't up to going, but Moira made it.  Carrie Parks (the blond Carrie, not Carrie Grey) sang "Song to the Moon" and "Climb Every Mountain" from The Sound of Music.  And Adolfo played the Intermezzo from Mascagni's Cavalleria Rusticana (the Raging Bull music).

Now "Amigos Para Siempre" is going through my head.  Curse you, Andrew Lloyd Webber!

No comments: