Sunday, March 02, 2014

The opera's finished

"No wonder she likes you!" "Who?" "Not too bright, though"--The Matrix

Last night I saw the Warshowski's The Matrix (for the second time) at the Event Screen.  The real reason I went was to get a sheet with the Event Screen schedule for March.  The movie's pretty fun, though I still didn't understand it.

This afternoon was the last performance of Carmen. (Two subjects in one post--I'm already eating my words!) Father couldn't make it, but Moira saw it and especially liked the Iranian playing Don Jose.  She also liked the way Carmen threw a girl out of her seat.  I finished The Pioneers just before the show started.

Beatrice came out just before the show started and mentioned the animated orange singing the Habanera on Sesame Street.  Afterward I told her, "I hope it was a Seville orange!" (Carmen being set in Seville, of course.)

Last night John, Donald and Kathrine came over for a combined birthday party for Donald (his was Wednesday), and Father.  We ate Indian food again, and there was enough left over for today.

No comments: